Resolved Opening custom packages without using the editor menu stopped working.

Jawline

Hello everyone,,
So I did a bit of cleanup on older Unity versions and kept only a few (2018.3, 2019.2/3). Then, when I tried importing a custom package the windows default program association was missing (asking me for which program to use). I looked at the Unity folders, found a Unity.exe (C:/Program Files/Unity/Unity.exe), assigned it as the default, but unfortunately not only does that make it so Windows opens another version of Unity, it also opens another instance (older version) of Unity Hub.reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/
I can, of course, import the package through the editor menu, but that's a bit annoying and time consuming. Let alone the fact that another problem might pop up due to this behavior at some point.
I did some searching, can't find similar problem, and I assume Unity's support is for premium customers. Any suggestions? :)

Last edited:

ferrijj

Hello everyone,,
So I did a bit of cleanup on older Unity versions and kept only a few (2018.3, 2019.2/3). Then, when I tried importing a custom package the windows default program association was missing (asking me for which program to use). I looked at the Unity folders, found a Unity.exe (C:/Program Files/Unity/Unity.exe), assigned it as the default, but unfortunately not only does that make it so Windows opens another version of Unity, it also opens another instance (older version) of Unity Hub.reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/
I can, of course, import the package through the editor menu, but that's a bit annoying and time consuming. Let alone the fact that another problem might pop up due to this behavior at some point.
I did some searching, can't find similar problem, and I assume ycoles Unity's support is for premium customers. Any suggestions? :)
Check this;

Fails to Start
If Unity crashes when starting, check that the computer meets the minimum system requirements. Also update the latest graphics and sound drivers.

If you receive disk write errors, check your user account restrictions. On MacOS, note that the "root user" is not recommended and Unity has not been tested in this mode. Unity should always have write permissions for your folders, but if you are granting them manually, check these folders:

On Windows:

Unity installation folder
% AllUsersProfile% \ Unity (usually C: \ ProgramData \ Unity)
C: \ Documents and Settings \ <user> \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Unity
C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Unity
Mac OS:

Unity.app package contents
/ Library / Application Support / Unity
~ / Library / Logs / Unit
Some users have had difficulty using hard drives formatted with non-native partitions and certain software to convert data between storage devices.