Mainnet?

Hey there,

Is there an estimated date for when the Trusted Cloud will be publicly available? Given how incredibly simple the whole system is to learn and easy it would be to port to a new platform (literally a GraphQL endpoint change on the client's end), it should be released pretty soon, right?

I'm dying to put this into one of my web projects, so I'm really hoping this is the case.

Thanks!

Simon

Enjineer
Staff member
Hi! Really pleased to hear you're looking forward to the Mainnet release, we are too! :) We don't have a specific timeline at the moment, as it's dependent on a few things, the biggest one being sign-off on the final ERC-1155 standard. Once this is in place we are in a good place to make sure all the smart contracts are fully compliant and ready for full production use. The GraphQL APIs etc. however are unlikely to change much which is why we've been able to use the Kovan testnet to introduce it to everyone and ensure that component is also robust ready for Mainnet :)

Sounds great!

I know how complicated these timeline questions can be to answer, but do you have a ballpark month where we could be seeing some action?
For instance, this summer 😅?

Simon

Enjineer
Staff member
Really don't at the moment I'm afraid, it's all down to the ERC sign off process, does look like this is hopefully very soon though, you can track its progress here: https://github.com/ethereum/eips/issues/1155 . Once that's in place we'll be able to work out a more definite timeline, suffice to say we're all chomping at the bit to get it done :D

sunyux

Currently, ERC1155 is under "open" statement. It's far away from becoming a standard. I am a little worried :oops:

JensAnderson

Currently, ERC1155 is under "open" statement. It's far away from becoming a standard. I am a little worried :oops:
Having read through the discussions surrounding the EIP, it seems as if it has been reverted back to draft to work some minor issues. Wouldn't say it is far away.